Pages

Saturday, November 21, 2009

a year ago

Design Your Life by Cathy Z, an online course with Big Picture Scrapbooking was occupying my time and creativity a year ago.  A wonderful class which I would totally recommend.  There is lots to learn and do and the class forum was lively and supportive.  The messages from Cathy were adorable.  And we made some great layouts. 

As it happens one of my favourites was from mid November.  Sorry the photo is a bit small – I had to get the one from the class gallery because my hard drive with all photos from a year ago is in a container on a ship somewhere between New Zealand and London.

year ago 40s

This layout has a photo of me, my sister, my mum, my two grandmothers and one great grandmother – all when in their 40s.  I made all the photos sepia to match the brown in the pattern paper and to equalise them.  The journaling is some reflections on how perception of age, in particular being 40, changes.

 

 

comment tile

3 comments:

Karen said...

Really enjoyed reading your post about what you were doing a year ago and love your LO :)

Becky said...

Your layout is lovely - what a great idea!

Christy said...

Glad I came across this post. I've been thinking about taking the same class when it's offered again. Great layout! Love the idea of celebrating the women who have influenced your life!

from Shimelle's :)