Pages

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

booklet from a sheet of paper

wee books

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I love these booklets which are made from one sheet of paper.  The white one started as a sheet of A4.  The small one was a 6 inch square and the large one is a piece of brown parcel paper.  The booklet has 8 sides/pages, including the covers.  I  enjoy the magic of turning one piece of paper into a booklet by just folding and making one cut.

I have made these booklets from 12x12 patterned paper as a group activity.  People then decorate their covers and make pockets inside. 

Here are the instructions – they are easiest to follow if you have a piece of paper in your hands to follow along.

wee booklet 1  wee booklet 2 wee booklet 3 comment tile

5 comments:

humel said...

Ooh, cool :-) The instructions look very clear, too! x

Maria Ontiveros said...

Cool! Thanks for the instructions. I could really see using this as the basis for a techniques class!
Rinda

Lizzie said...

That's fab! Thank you for this. I will make some of these. And I'll definitely add this to my "Tutorials" list on my blog - it's quick, simple and so useful.

Elizabeth said...

What a great idea! I'm off to find some suitable papers.

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

That is really neat! Thanks so much for the instructions. There is so little scissoring involved I think I could do this!