Pages

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

have you done a photowalk ?

I recently discovered the annual world photo walk which happens on 24th July.  There is  a map which shows all the places where walks are being organised and more venues are being added all the time.  Edinburgh has just been added so I’ll be joining in.  The idea is that a group has a walk and takes lots of photos on the way.  The Edinburgh one then goes to a bar to share shots and stories.  Sounds like fun.

Have you ever been on a photowalk?  Is there one near you on the 24th?

Can’t post without a photo so here is one I took a year ago today – on Niue, a very small island in the Pacific Ocean – it rained heavily all day.

niue 2 21 005

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

The only photowalks I've taken is around my neighborhood. I usually take my camera with me on my daily walks so I have lots of photos of familiar things. Never heard of any organized photowalks in my area but it sounds interesting and I'll look into it.

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

I've never heard of a "photo walk" but I looked for one in my area. The closest is in a town 2+ hours from me but it's in the mountains and would be SO much cooler than where I live this time of year! I'll look forward to seeing your photos. :o)

Ms. Becky said...

i just signed up for a photowalk in my area. thanks for the info; never heard of it. thanks for sharing the info!

humel said...

Thanks for this tip - there IS one near me, so I shall have to check my diary to see whether I can join in :-)

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Looks like there are 3 within an hour of me, but nothing nearby. I wonder if I can find something for DH & the kids to do while I go on the walk in one of those places

Mrsjobee said...

The nearest one to me is Stirling - a 7 hour round trip so maybe not! But what a fab idea.