Pages

Thursday, July 1, 2010

2011 album

yes even though there is more than six months of this year left, I know what my main memorykeeping project will be next year.  As soon as I saw the new ‘the monthly’ layered templates from Cathy Zielske (sold at Designer Digitals) I knew this was what I would use next year, and probably several years after – it answered questions I didn’t know I’d been asking.

Her concept is a set of page photo mosaic templates and one page for lots of journaling.  I will create one each month and print the whole year as a photobook I tried it out for May to see how I felt using it – I felt good. (the pattern papers are by Cuddlebeez). 

may monthly 4

may monthly 1

may monthly 2 may monthly 3

may monthly 5 may monthly 6

I love the design – I love everything Cathy Z – she is why I got into scrapbooking in 2006. 

I like that each month I can choose how many pages I need for that month and that I can have one page covering two days and other pages cover several weeks. 

I like that the scheme can incorporate 12 on the 12th or week in the life etc.

I like that I have a basic plan for recording the memories of the year that allows for some creative choice.

I will probably write on some of the photos, because I life the look.

I will use scrapbooking pages and minibooks too to record specific things and to allow for creative play.

2 comments:

Liberty :) said...

ooh I'm a sucker for a good Cathy template! This is my project 365 template from CZ http://libertycottage.blogspot.com/2010/07/project-365-re-loaded.html

I really want the monthly ones too, think they would be lazy for scrapping multiple holiday pictures, but I'm too poor at the moment :(

humel said...

Oh yes, Cathy's 'monthly' is fab - I'm thinking of doing it for next year, too :-)