Pages

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

when I can paper scrap …

Earlier this month I was lucky enough to win one of the random draws at the BPS Festival and last week I received a box which contained a lovely kit from American Crafts.  I can’t do anything with them at the moment because my house renovations have not reached my craft space yet and I don’t have my stash or tools here.

I’ve had a whole series of delays as all my tradespeople seem prone to injury – really it could be written up as a farce.  So lots of waiting.  My Mum had been commiserating with me about the latest delays when I showed her my prize and she laughed and pointed to one of the rub-ons and said this is appropriate – la la la – sitting waiting, drumming your fingers on the table.  Then we saw there was a button with la la la too.

aug 31 a aug 31 a (5)

So when all the work is done and I can paper scrap I will make a layout about the delays called la la la. 

I love how elements can be interpreted in ways not originally intended.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I think the rub on says it all! Hope you keep your sense of humor and sanity through the renovations.

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

:o) Great little story here, Helena! I think you should wear that button around to remind you to be light hearted during what could be a frustrating time! xo

Lizzie said...

This is great! Can't wait to see that scrap layout - it will be fab!