Pages

Thursday, November 18, 2010

paper to play with

I’m back in my flat after four weeks away.  First I was working in Bangladesh and when I returned the plumber was working on my flat – the bath was out but the new shower not in.  So I’ve been visiting with my parents and sister.  Yesterday the shower was completed so I am back in my flat and the renovation enters the last big push.

All of this means that I have had time to properly explore a package that arrived while I was away.  A fabulous collection of paper ephemera that I won from Gallo Organico.   I know that I am going to have a lot of fun playing with these pieces. I love the art journal pages that Rinda often shares and the way that she uses a wide range of interesting found items on these pages.

As well as the creative potential, several pieces sparked memories.  One of the items was library catalogue cards with a hole at the bottom that would have fitted onto a rod that run the length of the catalogue drawer – they brought back many memories of searching through the card catalogues when I was a student. 

Thanks Rinda for the trip down memory lane and the fun I will have using them on various creations.

3 comments:

Maria Ontiveros said...

Yea! So glad they arrived safely. And I hoped you would like the "Americana" feel of them.
Rinda

Sian said...

..And the thought of them brings back memories for me of actually having to file the cards away! There is a trick to unlatching the rod so you can feed more cards on.

It looks like a gorgeous collection of bits.

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

What a fun prize package!!! Enjoy. xo