Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

copper tape

I love copper – I used copper pipe in my kitchen and I have edged the shelves in this cupboard / dresser with copper tape.  .

COPPER-ON-SHELVES

The cupboard is in a corner of the living room so I removed the door, widened the shelves and have placed the table in front of it and will use it as a dresser.

The tape is actual copper with a sticky back.  It is actually sold for gardeners to use in keeping slugs away from plants.  Seemingly slugs will not walk over copper because the chemicals they extrude react with copper to give a slight electric shock, enough to keep the slugs at bay.  It comes in a roll like any other tape.

 

COPPER-TAPE

 

 

 

 

And the fruit bowl that is prominent on the shelves – it belonged to my Grandmother.  My Dad says that he and his siblings gave it to their Mum on her birthday when objects made from clear plastic where first available and fashionable. Which makes it older than I am by at least 10 years.  It sat on my Grandmother’s sideboard, full of fruit, all the time I was growing up.  It was an obvious item for me to ask for when my grandparents house was being distributed.

2 comments:

humel said...

Clever use of the tape - and what a special keepsake the bowl is xx

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

I love the idea of using copper tape to embellish items! What a great and simple idea! Thanks for the inspiration, Helena. :o)