Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

love to have red wings

dr-seuss-red

As you can see red is this week’s colour over at Twinkle Twinkle with the added challenge to include a winged item.

I’m using this challenge to play with digiart techniques in Photoshop Elements creating canvases to display some of my favourite Dr Seuss quotes.  I’m really enjoying the weekly play and am learning a lot about different techniques.

I’ve seen she art pop up in blogland and been wanting to try my hand at using the idea in my digiart and this seemed a good week to have a go.  I’ll definitely be using this idea some more.  Not sure which I covet more – her dress/top or wings.

Credits – canvas background from a Kim Klassen texture; splotches and drawn lines are brushes by Anna Aspena; wings from a brush by Becs Stock; paper used on dress BYD spring picnic – turned red; font is travelling typewriter.  She art associated with Christy Tomlinson.

16 comments:

Sandra said...

Oh it's lovely

Alison said...

Love what you've done with the 'She Art' idea
Alison xx

Terrie said...

Great digi art project. love that your she art isn't a size 2!

K J D said...

What fun! Love the quote!

Lesley Edmonds said...

Great piece of digi art.

sugar Creek said...

Really great work.!

Sandi McLean said...

I do adore your use of the great "Dr" each week! This is a lovely piece!

Joanna said...

Fun piece! Love the quote too.

Jen @Sadie Inspired said...

I love all the swirls! Looks like you are having fun creating the digi art & what a fun way to learn!

Melissa said...

I really like the vivid colors in this!

BTW - I used your tag mini-album idea from a few months ago & posted about it here: http://melissagross.blogspot.com/2011/07/twin-tag-mini-albums.html. Thanks for the inspiration.

Elizabeth said...

Some days I wish I did have wings. Your digi art is beautiful but I really can relate to the quote.

Kristin said...

Another beautiful creation and another fabulous quote! (I am really appreciating Dr. Seuss because of you ;) LOVE the canvas texture and those red wings! xo

Jo Murray said...

Great response to the challenge. You certainly know your PSE.

Mandy said...

Is this from oh the places you'll go?...I give this as a gift to newborn babies...along with other baby stuff if course!lol...I love Dr seuss...anyhow..ad per usual your art is wonderful!....xxx.

Noemi said...

I love her wings!!

Daniele Valois said...

oh, what fun. I love this.