Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

displaying my digiart

aug-12-(1)

I’d been wondering how to display my digiart pieces with the Dr Seuss quotes.  Then I received an e-mail alert of a 48 hour special on printed mugs from the online photo printer that I use (Photoshop) and I had an accidental smashing time with some of my mugs.

So I ordered 5 mugs using the images in the colours that match my decor.  The picture space is narrower than the pieces so I had to crop.  With the brown one I divided the quote across two mugs.

aug-12-(3)seuss-brown

I’m really pleased with the mugs.  The colour and print quality is good and it is such a fun way to have my digiart displayed and used.

aug-12-(4)

I will definitely be using my own art the next time I need to buy some mugs. 

Have use had any photos or art printed onto mugs?

11 comments:

Jimjams said...

Wonderful idea - so much more durable and interesting than a photo. Hope they survive as these really are SMASHING!

Sandra said...

What a fun idea

Alison said...

What a great idea Helena!
Alison xx

Sian said...

This is a brilliant idea! Perfect for Dr Seuss, but I'm thinking of the other possibilities now too. You could bring out a whole range!

Maria Ontiveros said...

These are super! I think the artwork and style really fit the size/style of mugs.
Rinda

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Oh very nice!

Sandie said...

What a brilliant idea! They look really good!

Miriam said...

What a fabulous idea Helena. I've not done this but my SiL does with her art. I have a mug and matching coaster of hers on my desk.

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Oh my gosh, Helena, this is such a great idea! I love that you used your own art on these mugs, and I love that the art has quotes that are meaningful to you. These are great!!!

Barb said...

What a brilliant idea!...and wonderful way to display one's art!....great for gifts too.

Can you give us the address of where it is done please? I do use photoshop app CS 3 and 5

Carletta said...

What a super idea!
I'm thinking Christmas presents are going to be easy this year. :)