Pages

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Imagining

About three quarters of all the novels I read are in the sci-fi or fantasy genre and I enjoy the related art that imagines different worlds.  Often there are familiar elements but the colour of sky is different and contains large, colourful moons or planets.  I decided to use this as a theme in some digi art play.

another-world 

The foreground is a photo I tool last week and the basis of the sea and sky is a photo I took the week before.  I added texture from ShadowHouse Creations and then used some Dark Design planet brushes. 

I enjoyed playing and like the mix of real and imagined.

I was prompted to play and create some photo based art by the new Photo Art Friday at Pixel Dust Photo Art.  I intend to play along each week with a photo based piece.  Pop over and see the wonderful range of art that people have created and shared.

20 comments:

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

This is a beautiful and powerful piece Helena - sets the imagination afire. Thank you so much for sharing your creative talent at Photo Art Friday!

Seraphinas Phantasie said...

A wonderful photo-collage ! Great work ! It is mystical...
Have a nice weekend.

Margaret said...

This definitely says "Sci-Fi" ... what a great book cover this would make :)

Kristin said...

Wow - this is stunning! I LOVE your purple/grey background and all the details you've included - and I loved your comment - yes, a convention for mojos - perfect! Thank you for your visit and have a great weekend, xo

Anonymous said...

Now that's pretty cool effects! I love the ruins... =)

Linda/patchwork said...

Great work. Great imagination there.
Thanks for dropping by my place.
Have a good weekend.

Carola Bartz said...

Helena, this is simply stunning. I love the mood in this digi-art - yes, I can see your love for sci-fi. Fantastic - this is great work.

Laura lok said...

very interesting looks errie but very cool

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

This is beautiful & surreal

Marilyn said...

Ooooh, very Sci Fi! The editing gives it a very eerie look. Nice work.

Lynne with an e said...

Great mix of what we know as the real world with an imagined one; very nicely blended together to create another dimension. Well imagined and executed...and just a little bit scary (in a good way!)

Kathy said...

Wow...that is amazing. I love the colors and how you put two different worlds together...fabulous. I'm looking forward to next weeks photo.

Bright blessings,
Kathy

Lisa Gordon said...

This is just beautiful Helena!
I love the wonderful colors and composition.

Carletta said...

As a teenager I loved reading sci-fi as much as anything else. I got away from it but I do love the fantasy art.
You did wonderful work on this piece!
I'm going to take your suggestion and go check out that meme.

johanna said...

what a wonderful composition... the moon really seems to hit that place soon. great colors, too.

Elizabeth said...

That is just beautiful! Love it.

Ginger said...

LOVE this!! Great composition!!

Maria Ontiveros said...

Very cool. My friend Connie eventually realized that the unifying theme of her collages are the creation of fantasy worlds.
rinda

CATHY said...

such an intriguing image - nice job!

Heather Henry said...

What a cool picture. I love it. It looks so fantasy/sci-fi.