Pages

Friday, October 7, 2011

hydrangeas

What with overcast weather meaning few photos and lots to do workwise, the only creativity I’ve managed in the last week is some photo art prompted by Bonnie’s Photo Art Friday

I combined a closeup of hydrangea bloom with a photo of the river and tried all the different blending modes.  Then I was thinking about ways to compare the effects and ended up showing 2 effects in each image (I used a gradient mask).  The frames are from The Coffee  Shop Blog

I will definitely be playing with this merging again.

FLOWER-GRADIENT-2

FLOWER-GRADIENT-1

13 comments:

hannah said...

You'll stay hooked now: it is so addictive.
Such vivid colours from you today.

Nadege, said...

Textures are quite addictive. Love your first edit, such bright colors.

ShonEjai said...

There is something I like about each edit of the photo. The first one threw lots of white in and make the subject hard and ragged and I liket that. The secont edit softened every thing out. Well done

kareninkenai said...

Cool modernizing rendition. It can truly be habit forming. Thanks for sharing. Karen in Kenai

johanna said...

i love hydrangeas und you edited them beautifully!

Elizabeth said...

Just gorgeous! I love the look of hydrangeas but you have taken that look even further. Very nice.

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

Very nice. My fav is the first where you take it from a hard edged look to a softer one. Great work. Thank you for sharing on Photo Art Friday.

humel said...

Oh, Helena - these are beautiful! So artistic :)

Geri said...

Soft and pretty!

Ida said...

Great job. Both are really nice. I love the vibrancy of the 1st one.

Tatjana Parkacheva said...

Nice work.

Regards and best wishes

Miriam said...

gorgeous work, I love the second one. I am hooked on this technique at the moment, it is addictive!! just need to post them...

Marilyn said...

Two totally different results. Beautiful editing. I'm hooked on the editing to get a million different looks.