Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

Shades of autumn–yellow

I arrived in Nepal at the end of the Dashain festival so was treated to lights and decoration everywhere.  The festival is the biggest of the year and when many people make their annual trip to visit family.

I was on the lookout for yellow as the shades of autumn colour this week and found plenty in the special decorations – yellow and orange flowers are used to decorate the temples.  Interesting to see that yellow is associated with celebrations at this time of year in other cultures too.

autumn-shade-yellow

The ‘web board’ is again the Coffee Shop Blog.

I’ll share some more photos from Nepal over the rest of the week.

7 comments:

Sian said...

I love to look at your travel photos Helena - I don't think I know anyone else who has been to some of the places you visit

Jimjams said...

Cheering photos on a mizzly day!

Elizabeth said...

I just love the bright colors (orange is my favorite color!)

Unknown said...

Yellow and Orange, I love them together, beautiful shots. Don't you just love the Coffee Shop Blog!

Thanks so much for coming by my blog and your wonderful comment. I can see I will be spending a little time over here, loving your travel shots.

Satakieli said...

Oh these are beautiful! I'd love to visit Nepal some day :)

Thanks for taking part in the Shades of Autumn Photo Challenge, I hope you'll join us again next Friday for the colour Orange!

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

Fantastic shots! First time here. Love your space.
Hope to see you on my blog:)

Alison said...

The colours are so vibrant Helena..your travel shots are very special!
Alison xx