Pages

Thursday, October 27, 2011

shorter days do have a silver lining

I’m not a fan of short days.  One of the things I love about living in Scotland are the long evenings with plenty of daylight.

But, I have to admit that this week the shorter days have delivered some fabulous light on my daily walks.

At 4.30pm along the river

light-3

and coming back in the other direction

light-4

and then in the morning by the sea

light-1

and when the sun came from behind the clouds

light-2

I’m loving how my familiar views are taking on new looks with the amazing light of the golden hour that I’m actually seeing due to the shorter days.  Have you been noting the change in light at the moment?

5 comments:

alexa said...

I love that second photo especially ... Yes, we've had some lovely golden light too, but there's a hint of the winter grey beginning to creep in.

Sian said...

Gorgeous! Yes, it's just perfect here this morning. Let's hope it lasts for a few more days yet.

humel said...

Oh, that's beautiful! Unfortunately the only change I've noticed in our light is that there isn't enough of it....

Elizabeth said...

Stunning photos!

Miriam said...

These are really beautiful Helena, We have had some beautiful days here this week, I love the watery sun light.