Pages

Friday, November 18, 2011

abstract pixels

Another fun play session for Photo Art Friday.  I was inspired by Carola Bartz’s piece last week where she inverted the image so I opened up several photos and inverted them all.  One photo of flax leaves – now in shades of blue – attracted me because of the lines.  I found that the change in colours freed my eye to see the image as abstract rather than an object. Then I flipped it horizontally and then the 2 images vertically to create this kaleidoscope effect.

abstract-1-linen-blind-satu

Thanks to Bonnie for encouraging us to experiment and play with photo art.  Check out what everyone else has been up to here.

15 comments:

Jimjams said...

WOW - seriously beautiful. The colours are gorgeous too.

kareninkenai said...

fabulous, unique abstract. wonderful colors. very nice process. thanks for sharing, kareninkenai (from PAF)

Carole M. said...

yes a fun result from a little playing around.

Kmcblackburn said...

I love abstracts, yet rarely attempt them myself. I need to change that! :). Beautiful job.

Kathy

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

Helena! What a glorious creation from flax leaves!!! Thank you for sharing your art and process with Photo Art Friday.

johanna said...

wonderfully abstract!! love the colors!

hannah said...

Mirror, mirror on the wall...
interesting experiment.

Sherri B. said...

These are my favorite colors - blues and greens! The symmetry is so pleasing to the eye.

Carola Bartz said...

Helena - this is supercool. I love the effect that you achieved here, it is a stunning picture. I guess I need to try this flipping technique (so far I've only flipped textures to have them the way I wanted).

Ida said...

This is really fun. Isn't it great that you can play around and produce such interesting results.

humel said...

Wow, that's effective :) Your manipulations are always so fun and interesting!

Alison said...

Love the colours!
Alison xx

Pat said...

Cool effect - the colors are beautiful!

Ginger said...

Stunning!!! Absolutely Stunning!!

Nadege, said...

How clever, I love the result and I love the colors