Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

butterflies

butterfly 1 WEB

My lovely blogfriend Deb Turtle is collecting butterflies for the Houston Holocaust museum for a planned exhibit of butterflies to represent the 1 500 000 children who died during the holocaust.  Read all the details in her post here.

butterfly 2 WEB

Deb asked her friends to contribute using their medium of choice.  So I opened up PSE and set to playing with some digital art

butterfly 4 WEB

I’m going to print them out at 5 x 7, back them with plain coloured paper and cut each out.

butterfly 3 WEB

As Rinda said in her butterfly post – this is set to become a blog event.  Looking forward to seeing butterflies all over the blogasphere in coming months.  Thanks Deb for the prompt.

8 comments:

Alison said...

These are fab Helena....I'm hoping to use vellum and card for mine!
Alison xx

Lizzie said...

Oo, Helena, I missed that butterfly post - must go and see it in a minute. Meanwhile, I love the colourful and bright ones you have made - Deb will love them!

Maria Ontiveros said...

Such great colors! I especially like the teal one!
Rinda

Miriam said...

Oooohhhhhhh so gorgeous! and thanks for the link to the butterfly post.

alexa said...

Very striking - and love the textures!

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

LOVE THESE!!! SOOO happy that I'm doing a bit of catching up over here, and so sorry I didn't see them sooner. They are so pretty, Helena. Thanks so much for participating and also to spread the word about this worthwhile cause. I feel so blessed right now!!!

Beverly said...

These are gorgeous!

annie@mostlovelythings said...

Very beautiful!