Pages

Saturday, February 11, 2012

this time it is all about me!

Looking through the photos I have taken this year I realised that there is a photo of me in each week – five of them when I was in New Zealand (and no I did not spend the entire holiday in the same green top!!)

self-portraits-2012-1

I think this is something that I could keep up for the other 46 weeks of 2012, with a broad interpretation to include shadows, parts of me, reflections etc.  So I now have an unanticipated project for the year – 52 pictures of me.  As I turn 50 this year it seems appropriate as a project to mark the milestone.

Have you started any yearlong projects without realising it?

[The layout is derived from a Kate Pertiett template.] 

4 comments:

Maria Ontiveros said...

I love the one in the upper right corner. I'm taking one a month myself. There's a blog called "urban muser" or "urban muse," and she's hosting a year long self-portrait challenge you may want to check out.
Rinda

Jimjams said...

Oooh how spooky - I'd take that as a sign - hope you keep it up all year! Love the layered page for January and the mix of proper & odd (shadow) SPs

Sian said...

I think it's a perfect way to mark a great year!

When I started Storytelling Sunday, I had no idea that it would last all year, yet alone stretch into a second

alexa said...

That one top right made me do a double take and then smile! It sound like a great project - looking forward to seeing you on a weekly basis!