Pages

Monday, February 18, 2013

Dundee–the story, the wow and the funny

As I mentioned last week, my nephew Dylan turned 21 so the family all descended upon Dundee, where he is a student.  I only took one set of photos of the family dinner – Dylan is in the white shirt with his brother and father on each side; my parents are at the end with my sister (Dylan’s mum) and opposite are his lovely girlfriend and her family. I’m in the empty seat by the gorgeous handbag.

dundee-story

The next morning I went for a walk and my normal water magnet meant I headed for the harbour and captured some great photos

dundee-reflections

dundee-bridges

and the most amazing seascape

dundee-wow

Then into town to meet Colin, an old Uni friend who I hadn’t seen for over 25 years who lives near Dundee. It felt as if we last chatted 25 days ago rather than 25 years ago. But no photos of that event – life does actually happen even when there is no photo !!

On the way I captured my up and down shots and the statues of comic characters Minni the Minx and Desperate Dan

dundee-the-cartoons

 

and finally a strange sight that I had to capture and I’m sure has a story attached

dundee-strange

And that was my Dundee experience.

5 comments:

Maria Ontiveros said...

Love, love, LOVE this series of photos - the bridges, the sculpture, the SHOE! - everything.
Rinda

Sian said...

Oh, yes! I wonder what the shoe story is..

It's a wonderfully intriguing set of photos all round. Very enjoyable!

Alison said...

That seascape is so atmospheric...I have fond memories of a weekend in Dundee!
Alison xx

Miriam said...

Rinda said what I was thinking! and now I would like to go to Dundee! Gorgeous frames again. I'm not at all adventurous with frames.

alexa said...

Wonderful photos telling so many interesting stories - that shoe one is brilliantly spotted and captured. What a lovely family that travels distance to celebrate the coming of age of one of them :).