Pages

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Zoom in on the nurse factory

You may remember that I showed 2 nurses that I crocheted in January, following the 1 I crocheted in December for my nephew's girlfriend Nicole who is training to be a nurese. Well after I made little nurses for 2 of her friends she asked me if I would make for others in her class who wanted one. I said 'yes', just tell me the hair colour for each.

So last week I received the list - 24 little nurses to be made.  I decided it would be easier to do them batch style, all the arms, all the hats etc.  In this box are 48 arms, 24 hats and 12 leg pairs. Its a good occupation to make me feel more productive while watching the Winter Olympics during the day.




And on the subject of my nephew, Dylan, he is doing a research project for his final year of his computing degree, on silver surfer security.  He has a short survey as the basis of the research and needs people to complete it, who are over the age of 60.  It does not take long and all results are annonymous.  If any of you are eligible and willing, or know someone who is, please let me know in the comments and I'll send you the link.  The delights of the blogging community.

Loving the range of subject matter people are sharing for zoom in and out - lots of snow last week.  Looking forward to week 7's batch




13 comments:

Miriam said...

What a great pair! it reminds me of 'the room of limbs' (prosthetics) I used to pass when I worked at the hospital! I could do the survey Helena.

Sian said...

Having made my first attempt ever at crochet this week, I have a whole new respect for anyone who can - you know, make shapes and stuff!

Cheri said...

That's a LOT of little nurses!

Melissa said...

What a lovely pair of photos & such a fun project to be working on.

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Great set of photos! That is a lot of little dolls!

Prairie Jill said...

Wow! That's a lot of little nurses! Great ZIZO pair.

Ruth said...

What a lovely production line you have going there!

alexa said...

Multi tasking :). I like it and they look great, especially en masse like this... And hope they will be well received.

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

What fun to have a project like that. I'm sure the recipients will love them. Fun ZIZO this week, Helena!

Sandie said...

Loving the idea of all these little nurses being created, I wonder if you imagined they would be so popular!

Karen said...

I love that box of pieces! I can do the survey, and would be happy to.

Melissa said...

Wow, that will keep you busy, but looks like you're already well into it.

Jimjams said...

Brilliant - hope you share the final line-up!

No matter how early I think I am ... there are still a bunch of others who ZIZO before me! Glad that I'm still keeping up though ... 7/7 :-D