Pages

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

zoom in x 40

Another find at the science festival - its is school holidays so I had to do a bit of elbowing to get my spot at the table experimenting with magnification.  They had set up stands with the magnifying lens from a laser pointer which can be used with a smart phoen to produce a magnified image on the screen.

I only had my camera with me but had a play anyway and after much moving of the lens and camera I managed some shots which show the magnification
this speciminis a leaf.  Great fun looking at different materials and amazing what you can do with simple materials.
welcome to some new people zooming in and out last week and of course a big hello and thanks to all the regulars

12 comments:

Julie Kirk said...

What a clever display - and it was well worth elbowing those kids out of the way - that's a lovely photo. Like amber. ;-)

Alison said...

I'm laughing at you elbowing all those children out of your way!!
Alison xx

Sian said...

Very neat

Jimjams said...

What a brilliant museum.

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

That is really neat!

Susanne said...

Fascinating photos.

Sandie said...

Wow that is amazing. I was once invited to Brunel University by my cousin and we was able to look through some amazing microscopes. It is like another world! Beautiful photos, lucky you having a museum like that to visit.

Anonymous said...

lovely, it looks like amber to me!!

Cheri said...

How cool!

Melissa said...

Fascinating shots!!

Prairie Jill said...

How interesting! (Don't you hate having to elbow kids out of the way at things like this?!!)

Anonymous said...

That's neat looking. I'm glad you were able to elbow your way through to see it.