Pages

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Zoom in on the spinner

the winter fair and market has opened in the middle of Edinburgh - lots of stalls selling food and potential gifts plus rides like this big wheel and nice sedate carousels.  I'm always amazed that people pay to be spun around at a great height but it was busy all afternoon and provided some great photo shots.  I'm confident this is not the last time I'll be featuring the market here this year.

Hoping you are all enjoying your week and looking forward to seeing what you are sharing this week.

12 comments:

Maggie said...

I feel dizzy looking at it! I love the contrast of old and modern. Not to mention the brilliant blue sky.

Sian said...

This is lovely to see! (cos, of course, I've heard about it, but never actually get sent any photos..)

Missus Wookie said...

Lovely blue sky and that ride looks close to the spire!

We visited the London winter fair for years and then decided it was just too crowded - mid week was much better :)

I like the Birmingham one as well and often visit on my way through.

Karen said...

Being afraid of heights, there's no way I'd pay to ride this, but it is gorgeous against that brilliant blue sky!

Miriam said...

Brilliant ZIZO Helena. Nothing in the world would get me on one of those spinning things. What an amazing sky!

Anonymous said...

I agree with previous comments...there is no way you would get me on the spinning ride..nor the ferris wheel for that matter!!
The old spire architecture looks amazing!

alexa@clara.co.uk said...

Oh golly, I've got vertigo just looking! Such a lovely bright sky too - your camera work looks great against it.

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Wow - what contrasts of the old and new. I will leave the adventures on these rides to the young people, but I love the photo.

Ruth said...

Great shots, both!

Prairie Jill said...

Looks fun! Well, not the ride - you wouldn't get me on that! But the fair looks great!

Judy said...

I am not going on those rides, either...
But the contrast between the steeple and the ride is so interesting!!

Anonymous said...

Definitely something I wouldn't be doing but it does look colourful.