Pages

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

SNAP IN GRANITE

I have another set of animal sculptures today - although not the set I had in mind when I set off from home, camera in hand.

I started with the lion which is in a park in the centre of town.  Then I walked along to the other end of the main street to capture a colourful bull outside a bar.  On the way I spotted the baby elephant which I'm sure was not there a few months ago.


Then I remembered that I had another photo of an animal carved from a large granite boulder so I went into my archive to complete this set - the fish is out on the other side of town.

The bull I will keep for yet another set of animal sculptures in Edinburgh.

Looking forward to see what visual sets have been catching your eye this week

14 comments:

Maggie said...

They really look as if they should live together. I particularly like the baby elephant. No mum elephant to look after it then?

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

What a great set of sculptures. I seem to recall seeing the lion when we were in Edinburgh a couple of years ago. It was a bit of a whistle stop tour and I know there is so much more to see. Looking forward to revisiting some day soon.

Missus Wookie said...

Oh I like all three in the pink granite. Looks like a fun wander. I like that the fish is by the sea and the other two are in town.

Patio Postcards said...

Animals, statues, pink granite - a perfect Snap set. The other night on T.V. there was a travel special & one city that was visited was Edinburgh. I think over the year you have taken us on a much better guided tour of Edinburgh.

Miriam said...

Oh that little elephant! A great set for Snap! I like that they are all the same granite. Is that what Edinburgh is built of?

Sian said...

They're wonderful. I'm ashamed to say I don't remember ever having noticed the lion. That's bad! I hope I get a chance to photograph that elephant at some point nn my travels. Another great Snap!

Anonymous said...

Sorry I've been missing your posts so far this year. These photos are great and so unique.

Karen said...

How lucky to have such a nice collection of statues all in one area! Love that baby elephant.

Melissa said...

Wow, great sculptures!

Maria Ontiveros said...

These are great!
Rinda

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

My word - those are wonderful - I've not seen such carvings before.

Alison said...

I have to say that not having read the entire post, I spent a few minutes trying to make that fish look like a bull!..great pics xx

Susanne said...

Great snapshots - those are simply cool!

Sandie said...

These are great!