Pages

Monday, March 14, 2016

Memorandum Monday in the fog

Waving to you all but you might not be able to see because it is so foggy - I had to head out with my camera for some photos and honestly, I could not always see the other side of the river while walking along

  
the swans looked like apparitions appearing out of the blanket of fog
 
and to fully appreciate this next one you need to imagine the sound of lots of crows cawing - they nest in these trees and their noise added an extra eerie sound to the already strange atmosphere

 

In contrast the weekend provided some lovely clear weather to admire all the flowers that are now in bloom - I love all the spring bulbs that appear and was pleased to spot the first small grape hyacinths popping up in my garden


my other new experience of the weekend was to watch (on TV) Scotland beat France in rugby - the first time in 10 years !!

wishing you all a good week and hoping the fog does not settle in for several days

11 comments:

debs14 said...

What atmospheric photos - but I do hope that fog lifts soon and lets the sun shine through!

Ruth said...

Fabulous fog fotos ... sorry, got a little carried away there with the alliteration!

Sian said...

The rugby was great!

That fog is very spooky looking..add in the sounds and you've got me thinking Mary Queen of Scots or Darnley or someone, clattering off into the night on horseback..

Hope it clears and you get to enough the grape hyacinths again this week!

Karen said...

These are fabulous photos; I love foggy pictures, but I sure hate to drive in it.

Lady Ella said...

Super pics, very atmospheric. (Did you use flash in any of them?)

Patio Postcards said...

Fantastic fog photos. My favourite is the winding pathway in fog. I am already on spring flower watch - I am a bud stalker, although I think we are a good month away from any flowers.

alexa said...

I love your tree photo especially ... You have really captured the atmosphere.

Eileen T said...

I love these misty photos - very atmospheric.

Maggie said...

Lovely pictures in the mist.

Miriam said...

Ooooh! what lovely foggy pictures and so atmospheric. Loving the swans! Hope the fog cleared. I spotted a couple of the little muscari in my garden in the week.

Susanne said...

Love the swans snap. We're just starting to bud out around here, I need to get outside and snap some photos of the blooms.