Pages

Monday, May 16, 2016

Memorandum Monday city break

A big warm wave to you all.  I did plenty of  'new' over the weekend because I was in a place I've never been before - Budapest


Its one of the European cities that has always interested me and so finally I went and thoroughly enjoyed the bustling, cosmopolitan city - fabulous architecture, delicious food, easy to get around on public transport - just what I want from a city.


I travelled on what is reportedly the most scenic tram journey in Europe - tram 2 goes along the side of the Danube and they have kept some of the older model trams to add to the atmosphere


and I enjoyed a boat along the river - I chose the public ferry which does the same route as the fancy dinner cruises


and I luxuriated in one of the thermal baths which take advantage of local hot water thermal springs


and I sat by a very poignant memorial to those who were killed on the edge of the river during the Second World War



I'm just sharing a few tastes here as I took several hundred photos that I need to sort through - some good snap collections in there so I promise more details then and some more thoughts about the city and what I saw and did then as I sort through those too. 

Off to catch up on laundry, food shopping and blog reading now.  Hope you all have a good week

13 comments:

Ruth said...

What a wonderful way to spend a weekend!

Karen said...

Budapest is high on my travel bucket list. Looking forward to more photos and hearing about your travels.

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

It looks beautiful. I hope you had a wonderful time.

debs14 said...

Oh my goodness, those shoes. So poignant.
It's one of those places that look like the perfect weekend away. Looking forward to more photos!

Eileen T said...

How exciting, I look forward to seeing some more of your photos. The shoe memorial is heartbreaking, isn't it - I read an article about it recently.

Miriam said...

So good to know you had a good time and look forward to more details as I booked our weekend today. x
The shoe memorial is very poignant.

Sian said...

Oh, wow! How exciting. It looks wonderful and I can't wait to see more pictures of somewhere I'd love to visit.

Hope the happy memories of your weekend keep you feeling good all week

Patio Postcards said...

What a great peek you have given us to such a wonderful holiday. Oh yes I can imagine the SNAP opportunities forthcoming. The shoes lined up on the shore edge, very impactful sight.

Maggie said...

What a wonderful break, I look forward to hearing more.

Anonymous said...

looks like a beautiful city

Missus Wookie said...

Oh these look lovely - hope you had good weather for your visit too.

alexa said...

Your photo is as happy as you sound :). What a wonderful lot of 'new' you have experienced. I took my Dad to Budapest for his 80th birthday (he had always wanted to go) and we enjoyed it very much. Looking forward to more photos ...

Susanne said...

Liking the snapshots, what a fabulous adventure.