Pages

Monday, May 23, 2016

Monday Memorandum chicks

A big sunny wave to you all on a nice spring morning

Plenty of new life on the river this week

goose, swan, duck, gooseander

These would have made a good snap set but I already have a Budapest set ready and these are too cute to not share. 

I spent an interesting afternoon on Saturday at another new activity - Forum Theatre.  The idea is to use theatre to examine an issue - both for the people creating the piece and the audience.  At the performance there is a play about 10 minutes long which shows the main character trying to reach a goal but being thwarted along the way.  Then the audience is asked to think of things the main character could do differently and the play is run again but the audience is invited to stop the action and try a different approach or choice for the main character.  It results in some very ineresting discussions. 

Wishing you all a good week.

12 comments:

Maggie said...

Lovely to see al those babies. New life indeed. Your theatre certainly sounds like an interesting experience. I guess it could get quite heated at times.

Patio Postcards said...

New life, new growth, it is such a delicious time of year.

The play performance sounds an intriguing way to engage the audience.

Karen said...

I just looked up the name for a female swan--pen--if I knew it once, I'd forgotten. I love the way she's looking over her babies in the photograph. The play sounds fascinating.

Sian said...

You'd need an audience ready to speak out for that I guess and that means there'd be plenty of chat along the way too. It sounds good.

The baby pictures are indeed very cute.

Wishing you a good week

Jane said...

sounds an interesting weekend, I love all the life on the river.

debs14 said...

What an innovative idea! Very original.
Those chicks are just too adorable, great photos.

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

That sounds like a very interesting piece of theatre. So lovely to see the new life.

Lady Ella said...

Lovely ducklings. Aaaaaaah!
Like the sound of the theatrical piece. V interesting.

Eileen T said...

The Forum Theatre sounds like a very different experience. I've not heard of anything like that before.

Love the duckling photos.

Alison said...

Just catching up as always, Helena...I love the sound of a food tour- haven't heard of those before ...and those babies are so cute! Xx

Miriam said...

Just too adorable! The theatre workshop sounds like fun! I absolutely love to know how different people approach the same idea.

Anonymous said...

super adorable...I am still looking for my first goslings/ducklings this year.