Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Snap bicycles

Two weeks ago I shared images from the museum's new fashion gallery.  When I was walking into the museum I spotted one of the posters for the new galleries which features a huge bicycle leaning against a wall and took a picture for the summer scavenger hunt item 10 - a bicycle.  Then when I was looking at the new science area I noticed a wall of bicycles so went to investigate the display which has examples from the penny farthing through to modern racing bikes.  I was also interested to see an exhibition on wheelchairs which also had a racing chair/bike.  So here is my snap collection, linking with the scavenger hunt


wondering what you will be sharing this week - always interesting

8 comments:

Eileen T said...

None of them look very comfortable to ride, do they? Together, they make an interesting set.

Sian said...

One picture of a bicycle is good..but it's interesting how much more visually arresting they are when grouped together like this. A great snap!

Maggie said...

Interesting examples especially the last one. That is an extraordinary shape. I did a draft of a bicycle blog last night. I will probably post it tomorrow.

Karen said...

I love this collection! I have an idea for a bicycle SNAP later this summer. We'll see if I can pull it off.

Patio Postcards said...

Such an interesting find in this SNAP collection. I agree with Eileen, none look to comfortable to ride. And like the car, interesting to see the progression of bikes.

Anonymous said...

super collection. Such gorgeous designs!!

Lady Ella said...

I fancy having a go on the red one! My friend has a reclining trike and has all kinds of fun with it.

Missus Wookie said...

Interesting selection of bikes - I see a reclining trike around here and always wonder how the rider copes with the hills. There are some steep ones around here.