Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Snap at the food festival

Festival organisers in Edinburgh were clearly concerned that there was a 5 day gap between the end of the jazz festival and the start of the fringe and tattoo so last year they introduced a food festival using the venues from the jazz festival.

I took advantage on a sunny lunchtime

I enjoyed a nicely balanced lunch - starting with a slice of vegan aubergine kuku - which I have discovered is a traditional Persian dish somewhat like a frittata but baked and packed full of vegetables and herbs.  I'm not sure what they used instead of eggs to make it vegan but it was delicious.
Then I had a decadent piece of coffee and hazelnut brownie - seemed a good balance to the virtuous savoury.  Very rich and tasty but a smaller portion would have been enough.

 Looking forward to your snaps be they tasty, balanced or something else entirely


10 comments:

Maggie said...

Looks like a great venue and some tasty food.

Patio Postcards said...

A mouth watering SNAP this week. That kuku looks very hearty & delicious - umm, no eggs? I also wonder how they got it to bind. Oh & a bite of that hazelnut/coffee brownie.

Ruth said...

As someone who is intolerant of eggs, I'd be tempted by the slice of kuku.

Sian said...

The kuku looks delicious. I like savoury much better than sweet so I know which I would have been tucking into

Anonymous said...

what a great way to fill a gap! I need a photo like these for my last item in the 2016 Scavenger Hunt!!

Melissa said...

How FUN to have a food festival. Looks like it was a gorgeous day & that fudge looks so yummy!

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

I'm intrigued by the kuku, will have to investigate, and that brownie looks delicious.

Lady Ella said...

Very sunny up your way. I had a call from Glasgow friend last night, who was sitting in his garden at 9.00 pm, while here it was dark and raining! The brownies look enticing.

Karen said...

It does look tasty! And it's a very attractive spot for lunch.

Miriam said...

Food festivals! whats not to love. A brilliant snap again Helena. Brownie or Kuku? Oh! its a food festival, you can have both. Love it!